Requirements on Grantee Organizations
Grant-receiving organizations should
- be able to further A Future for Every Child’s (“AFEC”) strategic priorities
- be providing direct services to beneficiaries in India
- be recognized as a public charity by the governing tax authority
- provide due diligence information, including identities of major donors, and 2 years of audited financials
- provide a written proposal for deployment of requested grant (e.g., context, goals, problems at hand, community need, community served, general objectives, expected outcomes, detailed financial plan for grant administration)
- provide periodic and annual reporting evidencing use of grants
- arrange potential on-site visits to verify proper use of grant funds
- acknowledge AFEC’s right to withhold or recover grant funds if such funds are or appear to be misused
Grant Application Process
If you are interested in applying for a grant, please send a Letter of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, describing your organization and outlining the proposed project and budget.
If we decide that the proposed project meets our strategic priorities, you will be requested to submit a complete grant proposal, including certain required information. We fund grants on a rolling basis, for no more than a year at a time, though grants can be renewed. If the grant proposal is approved, we will jointly execute a signed Memorandum of Understanding (“MoU”) and Grant Agreement specifying the agreed upon deliverables.
Last Updated: April 10, 2019